Sparse Grid Web Service
This web service is based on a predictive modelling framework using
For complete idea about this project, please refer to Markus Hegland
and Margaret Kahn's
(pdf, 237KB) from the APAC03 Conference.
- Web client sends query to web server.
- Web server generates request and sends it to HPC server.
- HPC server processes request, downloads data and sends results back.
- Web server produces web page and sends it to client
Characteristics and Challenges
- Parallel execution using batch queue:
- Assembly of linear systems of equations.
- Evaluation on large data sets.
- Different time constants:
- Instantaneous response of web server.
- Batch jobs on HPC nodes.
- File transfers.
- Persistent ssh tunnel and server process for continuing service.
- New asynchronous event-driven programming skill to enable several
users to access the remote server simultaneously without delay.
How to use
- Choose data set and structure of model.
- Get information about data (metadata) by clicking the "Show Data"
- Fit different models to same data through adding different
- Display: data, prediction model and data vs prediction.
Note: the remote server and ssh tunnel need to be started first
before running this application. To avoid leaving a server
running, we created a simple
demo. It is not a real
application and you cannot expect it outputs the correct
results. It is just for giving you some ideas about how it
works. If you do want to run it interactively, please contact us
to get it setup beforehand and then follow the link
Please send emails to
you have questions, problems or ideas regarding to using our web service.
All feedback is very much appreciated.
Return to TOP